|Career Opportunities at Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI)
|Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.|
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We’re currently looking for qualified candidates to join our Global Compliance team in Malaysia as a:
The incumbent will report to the Compliance Officer in Malaysia and provide support to International Compliance Team (ICT) to monitor and test the relevant local policies and procedures, as well as local regulatory requirements. The role will also work with other members within ICT across EMEA & APAC on various compliance projects and initiatives to support our business partners.
- Facilitate the implementation of local compliance monitoring programs in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in assessing the quality and effectiveness of local policies and procedures
- Analyze and report forensic testing results
- Assist in preparing compliance reports and certifications
- Perform preliminary local compliance risk assessments
- Conduct fact finding investigations in accordance with local policies and procedures and regulations
- Update local compliance manuals, monitoring program, policies and procedures where appropriate
- Compile regulatory compliance reports, notifications and submissions to regulators, auditors, clients and trustees where applicable
- Administer daily licensing-related matters in a timely manner, including preparing applications for individuals and filing annual returns to ensure compliance with local requirements
- Conduct reviews of submissions, documents and reports in accordance with local requirements and policies and procedures
- Participate in ICT’s projects and initiatives to support our business partners
- A university degree
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: compliance, internal audit, portfolio accounting and/ or operations
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks well and have good time management whilst being well organized
- Solid analytical skills; excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and independent
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures, as well as regulations
- Ability to follow specific, detailed instructions by supervisor and defer non-routine matters to supervisor for follow up
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English is essential
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software (essential) and fund management systems (preferable)
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. For a listing of total rewards in your region, visit our Locations page for more details.
Please send us your application with a full resume in MS Word or pdf format including present and expected salary in confidence by 20th September 2014 at the below link:
Under Search Criteria under “Location” select “Malaysia” and click “Search for Jobs”. Click on “Compliance Assistant” then “Apply now”.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified
For more info, please click HERE.