The founder who established the Loke Yew Scholarship Trust Fund, the late Dr. Lake Yew, was a generous patron of many good causes and was particularly interested in the encouragement of higher education. In the spirit of continuing education, the Loke Yew Scholarship Trust Fund is now inviting outstanding undergraduates in the University of Malaya ("UM") to apply for the Loke Yew Scholarship to pursue the Bachelor Degree Programmes offered by UM.
FIELDS OF STUDY
We invite application from UM Undergraduates who are in their first year of study with merit academic results and who are involved in outstanding extra-curricular activities. Application can come from those who pursue in any of the following Fields of Study, divided Into three (3) main group of studies in the following disciplines:
- Faculty of Medicine; or
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Science; or
- Faculty of Engineering; or
- Faculty of the Built Environment; or
- Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Faculty of Law; or
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences; or
- Faculty of Languages and Linguistics; or
- Faculty of Education; or
- Faculty of Business & Accountancy; or
- Faculty of Economics & Administration; or
- Faculty of Sport Science; or
- Academy of Islamic Studies; or
- Academy of Malay Studies; or
- Cultural Centre
1. Must be Malaysian citizens;
2. Have STPM I equivalent results with minimum CGPA of 3.4 and above or its equivalent;
3. Must be students pursuing Bachelor of Degree in the second semester of their first year of study in UM;
4. Must have, in the case of students from the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, examination result for the first semester of their first year of study in UM of at least Grade B;
5. Must have, in the case of students from other courses, examination result of at least CGPA of 3.4 and above in the first semester of their first year of study in UM;
6. Must be involved in outstanding extra-curricular activities; and
7. If awarded a Loke Yew Scholarship and it is accepted, must surrender any other scholarship, loan or financial assistance given to them.
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE
Tuition fees and living expenses (inclusive of accommodation and food) of up to RM10,000 per academic year for the full course of study.
Application form for the Loke Yew Scholarship can be obtained from Student Portal at http://umisisweb.um.edu.my
Completed form with necessary supporting documents should be sent to the address below by
14 January 2011.
Student Affairs & Alumni
Professor Dr Rohana Binti Yusof, Deputy Vice Chancellor
Aras 2, Block D, Kompleks Perdanasiswa, University of Malaya
50603 Lembah Pantai, KUALA LUMPUR
For further enquiry, please contact Pn. Farah Amalina at Tel: 03·7967 3497
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.